MARGBEIN / MARROW BONE
By Simone Grøtte. Produced by Norrdans, Sweden 2019.
- I always felt like a Sami. This despite the fact that I do not engage in reindeer husbandry, do not speak the language, cannot yoik. When I was 5 years old, my mom asked me what the best thing about being Sami is. I replied, "Eating marrow bone"
Marrow bone are stories about who we are, where we came from, where we are headed. And what can be important to take care of.
In the process of the performance, it has become even clearer that these questions are not necessarily about being Sami, Norwegian or Swedish, but about being human.
Marrow bone is produced at Norrdans in Sweden. On stage we meet eight international dancers, newly composed music by Herman Rundberg and authentic sound recordings with voices from the north.
For more reviews of MARGBEIN, see Press.
- 29. Juni kl.18.00 - Festspillene i Nord-Norge, Harstad Kulturhus, Norway
- 28. Mars kl.19.00 - Premiere at Härnösand Teater, Sweden
- 30. Mars kl.18.00 - Härnösand Teater, Sweden
- 4. April kl.19.00 - Sundsvalls Teater, Sundsvall, Sweden
- 7. April kl.19.00 - Storsjöteatern, Östersund, Sweden
- 9. April kl.19.00 - Aspen, Lycksele, Sweden
- 11. April kl.19.00 - Nordanåteatern, Skellefteå, Sweden
- 13. April kl.19.00 - Dieselverkstaden Stora scen, Nacka, Sweden
- 24. April kl.19.00 - Christinasalen, Piteå, Sweden
- 28. April kl.18.00 - Haparanda Folket Hus, Haparanda, Sweden
- 7. Mai kl.19.00 - Väven, Umeå, Sweden
Concept / direction / choreography: Simone Grøtte
Composer / sound design: Herman Rundberg
Set design: Mari Lotherington
Costume design: Else Ciljan Jakobsen and Caroline Evju
Dancers: Tomáš Červinka, Alberto Cisselo, Claudia Fürnholzer, Viktor Konvalinka, Jakub Mędrzycki, Hanna Nussbaumer, Verena Pircher og Anaïs Pensé / Henriette Hamli
Lighting design: Torbjørn T. Sandnes
Musicians: The Arctic Philharmonic Orchestra, Kristian Olstad and Herman Rundberg
Vocals: Mathias Skum-Remman and Herman Rundberg
Tailoring: Annette Hagglund
Lighting technician: Axel Antonsson